Thursday, September 27, 2012

Q/A with actor and Stunt Co-Ordinator, John Walski

1.) How did you get involved with this project?
I've know Ross for a good number of years and heard he doing a western so I wrote him and begged him to let me be in it. He remembered that I had done a wild west stunt show and he needed someone to fall down. It was destiny from the start.

2.) How has the experience been working as an actor?
I truly enjoyed myself on this shoot. I didn't have a lot of down time so the whole thing went by pretty quick. I made some new friends that I hope to work with again.

3.) As an actor what was your approach to your character.
I think my approach was consistent with the way I approach all roles. I start by looking for one standout detail and build from there. That small detail may not be something anyone notices in the overall performance but it allows me a direction and reason to lean a particular way with a character.

4.) What is it about the story that you think will grab audiences?
I think that the story behind the story is what will grab audiences through a subliminal but infectious manner. And that story is the story of the town and how they have this inbreeding emidemic as seen in multiple supporting characters being identical in all physical ways. It's not talkied about but I think this incestial taboo holds the secret to the manner inwhich the town regards outsiders and the reasoning for the unbalanced ratio of women to men.

5.) Any fond memories from shooting on location?
I truly enjoyed the time I spent with fellow cast and crew members. There were a lot of behind the scenes things happening all the time and all were hilarious. On a sad note, however, I found out the cats from South Dakota don't like me. That's the first state that I've had that issue.

Yellow Hill: The Stranger's Tale will have its World Premiere on November 10th. Lubar Auditorium, Milwaukee Art Museum. 6:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment