Thursday, September 27, 2012

Q/A with actor Tom Reed

There was some shuffling of actors and roles when a cast member dropped out just 10 days before shooting began.

1.) How did you get involved with this project?
Someone recommended me to Ross for the role of Taggert. Ross called me and offered me the role and I was lucky enough to be able to fit Yellow Hill in between two other projects.

2.) How has the experience been working as an actor?
I have been acting for many year and I have played a variety ofroles, but there is nothing more fun than playing a bad guy in awestern on location in an old western town.

3.) As an actor what was your approach to your character.
Taggert is such an awful person, so I felt it was important to try to give him a little bit of charm. Once I got on the set I tried to be spontaneous and not plan out too much. I like the improvisational element of film acting

4.) What is it about the story that you think will grab audiences?
Yellow Hill is a classic tale of revenge. Audiences will root for theStranger (Bai's character) to take out the bad guys. However, eventhough this is a straight forward revenge tale there is a uniquenessto the film. The simple fact that an Asian woman is theprotagonist/hero of this western sets it apart from otherrevenge-plotted westerns. The combination of a unique westernprotagonist and a classic tale of revenge will make this a highlyentertaining film.

5.) Any fond memories from shooting on location?
The beautiful sunsets and eating at McDonalds with Felix and Bai. Seeing Bai eat her first McDonald's french fry was a priceless experience.

Yellow Hill: The Stranger's Tale will have its World Premiere on November 10th. Lubar Auditorium, Milwaukee Art Museum. 6:45pm

No comments:

Post a Comment